Friday, January 27, 2006

"LIVE WELL...LOVE MUCH...LAUGH OFTEN"

this is the motto written on a bracelet I gave to a very special friend.

It was a "just because" gift, meaning I gave it to her just because I wanted to, not that there was really any reason, other than I love her and the fact the saying on the bracelet is entirely what she is all about. One night while surfing the web I came across the Breast Cancer Site Store and there it was, just the perfect gift. It was also a chance to make a donation.
Lately it appears that quite a few of my favorite blogs are telling stories of family and friends who have been struck with cancer. My friend's mother died a little over 10 years ago from breast cancer. My father had cancer when he died 13 years ago. Technically it was a stroke that killed him but the stroke was most likely brought on by the cancer. A friend's husband is going through tests, hopefully they will hear something within the next couple of weeks. Good or bad, either way, it's at the point that if it is cancer then they can start to do the proper procedures to try to halt it. Right now they are in limbo, any answer is better than no answer.
There is no place to hide, we can't run from it. The only thing we can do is continue to support the cause and maybe one day there will be a cure.

No comments: