Sunday, May 20, 2007

Too early! Another good-bye!

As said in this post I am walking in the Relay for Life on June 2. I am looking forward to the camaraderie of the group I am walking with. I am proud of myself for doing this because of the cause. I am saddened, however, that I have another reason to walk. This past week we lost a friend to cancer. 49 years old. Father of 2. Husband. Great guy. Gone too early, he should have had more time. I know that's a cliché but it's so true. It's always so true. 53 is too early to die. These kind of good-byes are hard. I like good-bye when you know it is only for a short time, when you know that tomorrow you will see this person again. That next week you will see this person again.
We take for granted that there will always be a tomorrow to say "good-bye". But sometimes tomorrow is not the kind of day we hoped for. So, we should dwell on 'today' and make it the most it can be, take full advantage of it being here. Don't worry so much about tomorrow...and say "See ya!" instead of "good-bye!"

No comments: