Monday, September 18, 2006

53

Got news that a friend had died today, Marilyn was her name and she was only 53 years old. Two girls, the youngest just leaving home to attend college. Marilyn just started a new job she really loves. Just got her house decorated the way she has always wanted. Just getting things working with her husband after many not so good years.

She found out this past summer that she had a tumor. There were problems with her liver and lungs. Went in last Friday for surgery to have one lung removed. She went into a coma and died. Turns out the cancer had spread to her whole body including her head. She was brain dead when they took her off life support. Her heart was still strong but it was time to go.

53 years old!

I knew she was having surgery so when her sister, my friend through whom Marilyn and I became friends, called today I thought she was going to tell me good news. Well, as good as it gets when we're talking about cancer. But to hear that she was dead left me speechless. I could see her, I could hear her. I couldn't believe she was dead. She was such a vibrant person, so full of life. Never said never. What a shame. What a lose. I will miss her

I haven't seen her in nearly 4 years. We should do a better job of keeping in touch. Moments become days, days become weeks, weeks become years.

53 years old!

No comments: