Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Time slips by...

Another day, another month, another year. Where does time go! I remember being a young girl in high school, we'll say somewhere around 1978, and thinking I can't possibly imagine going into another century - that was sooooooooo far off. Shit, 1980 was so far off then, that was a whole other world. Well, here we are and I'm still here. Not sure I am where I want to be but most days I am comfortable with it, it kind of grows on you. There are the usual regrets about having wanted to have done more with my life, to have gone places, to have "seen the world" but so far that hasn't happened. I must say, this little part of the world isn't so bad most days.

Life takes off and before you know it you're headed in one direction and it becomes too difficult to turn a corner and try another path or else you get so comfortable where you're going that you forget about the rest of what may be out there waiting for you to explore. And before you know it half your life has come and gone and you find yourself sitting thinking 'hey, what have I missed, what have I closed my eyes too?' But, as I have been reminded lately, if I had taken another path my life would be completely different, I wouldn't have what I have now, I wouldn't know the people I know now and I would not be who I am now.

It is that path that we have travelled
that has made us who we are today.

All in all, I guess I took the right path but somedays
I find myself wishing I had deviated just a little.

No comments: