Monday, July 31, 2006

Been to the cottage...

With my father-in-law threatening to sell the family cottage, which he owns and maintains - but really, one day it could be ours, we are trying to get in as much cottage time as possible. Secretly, I don't think he is really serious - I hope not!

OMG, I needed this weekend of relaxation. I even managed to get in some reading time - big joke is that the last book I read took me 4 years. I highly recommend 'The Mermaid Chair' by Sue Monk Kidd. Bought it Wed. at Chapters and finished it on Sunday while lazing in the sun...beautiful gentle breeze coming off the lake...need I say more.
Doug, Alex and Sarah did a lot of fishing while Ben and I did the reading. So surprised, actually, that Ben had taken his book and that he would often come sit along side me on the dock to read. How many times did we both comment on how quiet and relaxing it was.

Kids woke Sunday morning at 5:30 to check out the lake...Ben rushed in to tell me I needed to get out my camera and take some pics of the mist rising off the lake. Of course, I couldn't resist. Alex and Jack even tried some onshore fishing in the early hours. Jack is becoming quite the fisher-dog...everytime someone grabbed a pole he was right along side. Didn't miss a ride in the boat either. And how many times did he chase the four-wheelers!? By Sunday afternoon he was a wasted doggie.

And what is a trip to the cottage without a campfire and s'mores.

No comments: