Thursday, March 09, 2006

A place of my own

If I ever got the chance to build another house I would fight tooth and nail for a room of my own. A room away from the noise. A room completely isolated from the kids, the dog, even the husband.

There are somedays where I can't stand being around my kids, I can't stand listening to the screaming, the arguing, the shouting, the stupid noises, the constant noise, noise, noise...

Today is definitely one of those days. I would love some place to run away to. Thank goodness I have a meeting because I can no longer stand the noise.

Today it started the minute they got home and 3 hours later it is still going on. Why can't they just talk like normal people. Why do they always have to react with loudness. I am about ready to crawl out of my skin. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! QUIET!

But they don't understand quiet. I don't know what kind of magic word I need to use to get through to them. "Please be quiet" just doesn't work in this house. I hate the word "shut up" but I have even restorted to using it, but it's not working tonight either.

I can see my perfect place - it's got just the right light - not too dark, not too bright. It's got a great sound system and a huge TV. Bookshelves brimming with novels. My own laptop. A stocked bar. Comfy sofas and big overstuffed chairs. Plenty of room for all my friends. A bedroom and a bathroom. Hey, while I'm dreaming it might as well have a fully stocked fridge so I never have to leave the room again. A place of my own...oh yes, I forgot the trap door so the kids and husband will never get near me.

No comments: