Thursday, July 12, 2007

Allow me to ramble...

There was a police stand-off in my quiet little community today. A guy with obvious problems was holdup in his house for most of the day supposedly threatening to kill himself. The local news reports that his parents had called the police because they were concerned over his mental state. How does it become so bad that the only answer a person feels they are left with is to commit suicide? I didn't know but my 15 year old and his buddies watched the whole thing, saw the police shoot the guy. I don't know how I would be feeling after seeing something like that. He said it was really scary. I can't even imagine.

I went for a drive the other day. Couldn't stay in the house any longer. It was Sunday, we had been planning to head to the cottage but it was raining and cold so we were all stuck in the house all day, together. Felt like the walls were tumbling in around me. The kids were arguing. The husband was ignoring it. I felt like a ball of nerves. I was making supper and couldn't get it ready fast enough. I made KD lasagna - threw it together and into the oven, grabbed my camera and ran out the door. While making a mad dash for my van I informed my husband that supper was in the oven, make sure it didn't burn, the kids were driving me crazy, I wouldn't be here to eat, I was outta here. I hit the back roads, cranked up the tunes, and cried. Cried. Not the loud sobbing kind of cry, just the quiet tears running down the face kind. Felt much better after a good cry. But there I was driving down the road hoping I didn't meet someone and if I did I hoped they wouldn't know that I was crying. (I live in a small community where everyone knows everyone)

Stay tuned, I feel the rambling is not completely over...

No comments: