Thursday, June 14, 2007

One more sleep

Missed Ben's 7 phone calls from Newfoundland last evening. Got them on the answering machine though..."someone pick up the phone, I just want to say good-night before going to bed", "hello, anyone there, pick up the phone", "I am so tired, just want to say good-night", etc...poor Ben. I came home and heard the messages and felt so sorry I had missed his calls. I almost called but it was close to midnight Newfoundland time. I'll call this afternoon to say "HI".
One more sleep and he'll be home. I know he is having a great time and will really miss all his new friends but I also know my boy well enough to know that he is counting the hours till he arrives home. It's been a long week.

He was "screeched in" Tuesday night. He was so proud to tell us he is officially a Newfoundlander. I know he will not soon forget these last few weeks.
A card came in the post the other day addressed to "My Quebec Family"...Ben's 'Newfoundland twin', she wanted to say she missed us and to thank us for making her "feel at home". It's a great feeling to learn about the impact you can have on people. Miss you Em, our door is always open!

Ben, can't wait to have you home.

No comments: