Sunday, February 05, 2006

I did something today that I haven't done for a very long time. I rested. I had two, count 'em - two naps. That is going some for me. When I can fall asleep in the middle of the afternoon that means that I am way beyond tired. I am totally exhausted. Have been exhausted for longer than I can remember. If I calculated back I would say it must be 14 years since I've had a good nights sleep, ever since my oldest son came along. He used to wake up at 5 a.m to be nursed and ever since then 5 a.m. has become a common waking time for me (as has 4 a.m., 3 a.m. and even 2 a.m., actually pretty much any hour.) Not that I start my day at that hour but I sure do loose a lot of good sleeping time.

I have always been a night-owl but over the years it has started to catch up with me. And when I do go to bed I spend most of my quality sleeping time either tossing and turning or worrying. I wish I had a switch that I could turn my mind off.

I was going to go out and take some winter shots but I decided against that and instead I sat down to watch a couple of movies and eventually fell asleep. They were both the kind of sleep that are hard to wake up from, the kind where your eyelids just won't open. I hated to get up to make dinner, would have loved to just stay asleep but...and to tell the truth with 3 kids, a husband and a dog it was amazing that I was able to fall asleep at all.

Can't wait to go to bed.

No comments: