Thursday, January 27, 2011

We welcome spring in 52 days

According to the Ottawa Citizen "Spring's on the way, really" and I can't wait. I like winter Ionly wish it could be warmer and sunnier, I am craving sunshine.

As of yesterday, Jan. 26, 2011, the sun sets later than 5 p.m. for the first time since November and we get more than nine and a half hours of daylight. Currently we're adding two minutes and 22 seconds of daylight each day, and that daily change is accelerating...by Jan 31 we will have gained a full hour of daylight.
Source: the Ottawa Citizen

All this helps to make the long cold days of winter more bearable.

16x20 canvas print - Jacob's Ladder


I want to be able to get out and take more of the above kind of photo, enough snow already - although I love my snow images. I want to feel the warmth of the sun and the singing of the birds.

"Spring's on the way, really!" Bring it on!



No comments: