Friday, February 29, 2008

Enough with the cold...

3 weeks until SPRING! Can't wait. I've had enough of winter. I am not a skier, snowmobiler or skater...not a winter fan at all - except for a sprinkling of snow for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning I would be happen to never see the white stuff again.

Spring and summer are my preferred seasons. Anything above 40C is what I crave. I need the warmth and brilliance of the sun.

I hate wearing shoes and socks. Love walking bare foot or at least with sandals. As soon as I can each year I toss my shoes and boots aside and expose my toes to the sun. The spring is a time for renewing and regenerating and by this time of the year I most definitely need to do both. It seems more so this year. I have gotten into a rut that I can't seem to get out of. Work is backing up and besides knowing that it has to get done it's really not bothering me all that much. I would love to just walk away from it all and leave it for someone else to pick up the pieces. I committed myself to doing a brochure and two websites for a committee I volunteer for. I have hit a wall, not much in the way of imagination, having a hard time coming up with a starting point. The brochure and one website need to be completely overhauled and redesigned But, knowing that I committed myself and not being the type of person who would be happy letting someone else step in and finish something I couldn't I will push on (I'm not a quitter and much to vain to be regarded as one), I will somehow get it together...possibly with the help of spring and all the good it brings with it...that seems like an awful lot to leave to a season but...I am hoping for anything that will get me out of my rut.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure if you are getting the same dumping we are, but Hubby said it best this morning, "if every winter was like this one, we wouldn't be living in Ottawa!"

Bonita said...

There is no escaping it, we are all held up in the house - my kids are on March break.
When this is all over I am going to soak up all the sun I can get.